AN INTRODUCTION TO GENERALI VITALITY
INSURANCE IS NO LONGER JUST ABOUT INSURING LIVES, IT’S ALSO ABOUT IMPROVING LIVES.
The world is changing, and so is the insurance industry as a whole. Providing comprehensive cover for when members require it is no longer compelling enough, nor is it sustainable. Instead, members seek real value at all times from their insurer. To this end, Generali and Vitality help members live a healthier lifestyle and be rewarded for it too. As the leading health management programme globally, Vitality motivates, rewards and supports all members within its model and offers new possibilities for various stakeholders. Ultimately, it will change the way that people view and engage with insurance.
A LITTLE HEALTHIER EVERY DAY: THE PROGRAMME OF SMALL STEPS.
Vitality was launched in 1997 by the Discovery Group in South Africa. It is the world’s largest, scientifically proven wellness programme and has expanded its global operations to the United Kingdom, the USA and across Asia with over 3.5 million members. Generali Vitality combines actuarial, behavioural and clinical tools in a step-by-step programme that helps members improve their health through wellness activities and healthy lifestyle choices. Members receive rewards for getting healthier, which ultimately has a positive impact on the prevalence of mortality and morbidity experience in the insurance business and in society.
ENGAGING IN VITALITY IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3.
1: Know your health
The first step to getting healthier is to understand how healthy you are. Generali Vitality helps members to understand their current health status by supporting them with fitness and health checks.
2. Improve your health
Based on the results of step 1, members receive a customised wellness solution to help them improve their overall health and wellbeing. By making access to wellness activities easier, we encourage members to take small steps towards a healthier life.
3. Enjoy your rewards
While in step 1 and 2 the partners’ benefits are mainly meant to support members in pursuing a healthy lifestyle, step 3 is all about rewarding members for their activities. The more members engage in living a healthier life, the greater their travel, lifestyle and other rewards.
WHY VITALITY IS SO EFFECTIVE
- Everybody can participate, regardless of their current health and fitness level.
- Generali Vitality makes living a healthier life, such as eating healthily and exercising, easier and cheaper with access to a broad range of health and wellness partners at significantly reduced rates.
- Generali Vitality helps people improve their long-term health through short-term achievable goals, where every step counts.
- The status-based programme suggests smaller goals over a shorter period and leads to tangible rewards.
- The different Vitality statuses encourage ongoing engagement regardless of how fit and healthy a member is.
- Members can track their progress online and benefit from the rewards throughout their journey to a healthier life.
- Vitality messages and benefits are tailored to nudge members towards ongoing healthy behaviour and to ensure the greatest levels of Engagement.
- It’s easy to engage with benefits and partners and everyone earns points and rewards for getting healthier.
- Leading academic institutions such as Harvard Business School, RAND Corporation, and Cambridge University have proven the programme’s efficacy.
- The results: improved clinical health outcomes, reduced healthcare costs, increased productivity at work, and lower mortality and morbidity rates.
Generali Vitality motivates members to live a healthier life. As they engage with the many activities in the programme, they earn Vitality points. The more Vitality points they earn, the higher their status – beginning with bronze, then silver, on to gold and finally platinum. The higher their status, the higher the rewards offered by our partners.